One of the modern professions in the digital marketing field is that of an analyst or executive in the SEO field. It is a challenging profession that requires you to use your wits, faculties and research skills to get websites to the top of search engines.
Many young aspirants wish to achieve a career in this industry. They possess the abilities and skills but do not know how to attend the interview or what questions to prepare for. Here we have listed out these major interview questions for the job of SEO Analyst that you need to answer wisely to be regarded eligible for the profession.
What is SEO as per your understanding?
SEO (Search engine optimisation) is the art of ranking websites higher on the search engines like Google , Bing and Yahoo by using different methods, techniques and strategies. Some of the common search engine strategies include:
- Link Building
- Content marketing
- Keyword Analysis
- Right Use of Short Tail and Long Tail Keyword
- Making website User friendly
What do you understand by black hat SEO and white SEO?
Black hat SEO are unethical SEO techniques that help to rank the website high initially but may cause damage in the long run. White hat SEO methods are acceptable strategies used to rank websites.
- What SEO tools do you use?
- Some of the commonly used SEO tools are:
- Alexa Rank Checker
- Smart SEO Tools Plagiarism Checker
- Word Counter
What is the role of research skills in the SEO industry?
Good research skills are very important in the SEO industry. You need to understand the right keywords and their use to promote your website and rank it better. Superior ranking means more traffic to your website.
What is keyword stemming?
Finding out the base keyword from which other keywords have evolved is referred to as keyword stemming.
While appearing for a job interview, prepare well. Any qualification can add to your resume further. People who wish to pursue a profession in the SEO field can try and get certification from Google.
Here are some non technical questions that maybe asked during the interview :
- Why do you think you lack the knowledge and expertise to become an SEO analyst?
- Some additional questions that maybe asked:
- Explain spiders, robots, crawlers and the functions of each in SEO?
- What is the difference between no Follow and do follow links?
- What is cloaking?
- What is link farming?
- What is Bounce Rate?
- What is an SEO Update?
- Which was the latest SEO Update?
- Which are some of the Successful SEO companies in India and why?
- What is the difference between SEO and SMO?
- What is Latent Semantic Indexing?
- What is the purpose of linking and backlinking in SEO ?
Go well prepared and you are sure to achieve your goal.